Dear GVCC Church Family ;
This morning, March 17th, Ontario Premier Doug Ford declared a state of emergency and ordered the closing of all public events with 50 or more people until March 31th.
Since the beginning of the public health emergency created by Covid-19, the Pastors and Elders have worked to follow the direction of our public officials in taking action that is in the best interest of the GVCC family.
That is why we have decided to postpone Sunday Services at GVCC until further notice. There will be no services on Sunday March 22nd, and Sunday March 29th.
I want to let you know that although services at 379 Golf Road are postponed, the church will continue to function. The office will remain open to serve you and the Pastors can be reached for support by telephone, email and social media.
At this time, it is more important than ever to maintain our connections with each other. I want to invite you to join myself and Pastor Dunstan by live Facebook video feed, this Sunday morning at 11:00 AM. We will be sharing the Word, Praying, and receiving your questions and comments. Stay tuned for more information about how you can log in and participate.
Here are some things you can do to help strengthen community at GVCC:
- Check our GVCC Facebook page regularly. We will be posting updates through the week. Remember to “Like” and “Share” our posts.
- Call each other.
- Pray with each other.
- Check in on people you know who can’t get out.
- Let us know if you are available to help meet needs in our church family. For example, you may be able to help someone by shopping for groceries.
- Let us know if you need help.
- Remember to continue supporting the church by giving. You can give online through e-transfer (recipient is firstname.lastname@example.org). Our website has more information about how you can give your financial offerings electronically. You can also drop off your gift at the church office on Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., or call us to have it picked up.
As this situation continues to evolve quickly, our leadership will continue to stay in touch with you, providing ongoing updates.
This week, remember the words of Jesus: “Peace I leave with you. My Peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.” John 14:27. I am praying for each one of you, and I look forward to connecting with you on Facebook on Sunday morning.